CWU Rule 8.13
CWU Rule Governing the Young Workers Committee (8.13)
- The CWU Youth Committee shall consist of two members of the NEC and 20 lay members elected biennially from nominations on the following basis: one from the TFS Constituency and one from the Postal Constituency from each of the 10 CWU regions. All candidates shall be aged 29 or under at the time of election.
- At its first meeting the Committee shall elect a Chair and Vice-Chair. The CWU Youth Chair or their substitute shall attend the full NEC and relevant Sub-Committee meetings in an ex-officio capacity. The CWU Youth Chair or their substitute shall also attend the relevant Industrial Executive in an ex-officio capacity. The CWU Youth Vice Chair or their substitute shall not be of the same Industrial Executive remit as the Chair and shall attend the relevant Industrial Executive in an ex-officio capacity.
- The Committee shall meet at least four times a year.
- The Committee shall aim to protect and promote the interests of youth and shall:
- advise the NEC, its sub-committees and the Industrial Executives on any matter pertinent to young people;
- select delegates and motions to affiliated youth bodies including the TUC Youth, Young Labour and International forums;
- nominate candidates for national committees of affiliated youth bodies including the TUC Youth, Young Labour and International forums.
- Reports of the CWU Youth Committee shall be submitted to the NEC and the Regional Committees and other appropriate bodies for information.
Correct as of April 2018